The railroad hub town of Lovell, WY can be found just 53 miles northeast of Cody.
- Travelers to Lovell can find enjoyment in local history, scenic drives, and adventure in the surrounding vast open land.
- Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area has a myriad of outdoor opportunities including boating, fishing, hiking, golf, skiing, snowmobiling and much more.
Lovell, Wyoming offers a warm and friendly community, welcoming travelers in and out of the area. Travelers can find enjoyment in local history, scenic drives, and adventure in the vast open land that is easily accessed from town. Enjoy the mild weather, clear blue skies, fresh mountain air, and the genuine character of Lovell.
The town is perfectly nestled at the foothills of the Bighorn and Pryor Mountains in the Big Horn Basin. On the map, you can find Lovell in north central Wyoming.
Though small in population, this charming town offers several choices for lodging accomodations and a few places to get a bite to eat.
Embraced on three sides by majestic mountain ranges near Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area, Lovell has a myriad of outdoor opportunities including boating, fishing, hiking, golf, skiing, snowmobiling and much more.
Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area is alive with geological, cultural, historic and scenic wonders located on Hwy 37, which passes through the Pryor Mountain National Wild Horse Range.
There are also four historic ranch/town sites that can be explored.
- Pryor Mountain Wild Horse Range – wild horses north of Lovell became a part of the first federal wild horse range.
- The Bighorn National Forest – provides opportunities for everyone to enjoy great outdoor activities.
- Medicine Wheel – a designated National Historic Landmark reflecting 10,000 years of National American culture.
- Historic Hyart Theatre – features one of the largest screens west of the Mississippi, and is considered to be one of the finest small town theaters in America.
To get to Cody, Wyoming you will travel southwest from Lovell along US 14 Alt W.
This route takes you through the middle of a valley, through forested lands. Take your time and make a stop in Powell, another interesting rural town in Wyoming.